Monday 12 January 2009

Garth Nix: The Fall

I must be regressing. I am reading yet another Young Adult fantasy. This book came free with a box of cereal as far as I recall, I read a few pages and hey ... it was pretty good. Lots of imagination in this first book of Nix's Seventh Tower Series. A young "Chosen" in a world that is veiled from light falls upon hard times when his father disappears with the families only proper sun stone. Without the stone our hero is likely to be booted out of the elite chosen ranks so he must set out on a desperate adventure to find one. Good stuff and with magical shadows it is somewhat in the vein of "His Dark Materials" but not nearly as dark.

1 comment:

Tesh said...

I liked the Seventh Tower series. I was vaguely put off by the fact that there weren't seven books in the series, but that speaks more to my expectations than Nix's writing.

"Young Adult" or no, Nix books are good reads.